Thank you for your interest in the Bank of the Cascades Foundation. Bank of the Cascades Foundation supports charitable causes in the markets served by Bank of the Cascades and its subsidiaries.
The mission of the Bank of the Cascades Foundation is to make a positive difference in the communities in which Bank of the Cascades and its subsidiaries do business, by providing monetary grants to organizations focused on:
- Improving the quality of life for families and individuals;
- Providing educational opportunities for children and adults; and
- Building the infrastructure of the community through economic development projects.
Guidelines for Foundation Grants:
The first priority of the Bank of the Cascades Foundation is to support programs that benefit low-and moderate-income families and individuals.
- A complete grant application and supporting documentation must be submitted for consideration in any quarterly grant cycle.
- In general, grants are made only to organizations whose programs benefit residents of Bank of the Cascades’ areas of operations.
- Grants are made only to approved Section 501(c)(3) public charities or other qualified not-for-profit entities.
- Priority is given to those organizations;
· with a customer relationship with Bank of the Cascades
· Bank of the Cascades employees are involved in the requesting organization
· Grant funding should meet the Bank’s eligibility for CRA testing (Community Reinvestment Act)
· Funding for Affordable Housing / Financial Education Programs / College, Technical &
Career Scholarships / organizations specifically assisting low/moderate income individuals
Organizations that have received funding for three consecutive years may be asked to skip one year before applying again.
In general, the Bank of the Cascades Foundation will not approve the following types of grants:
Grants to organizations operating outside of the Bank of the Cascades’ area of operations.
Grants to individuals.
Grants for memberships.
Grants for lobbying or political activities.
Grants to fraternal organizations.
Grants to athletic teams.Grants to agencies who receive more than 10% of their funding from United Way.
The Board of the Bank of the Cascades Foundation meets on a quarterly basis to review grant applications and make funding decisions. Please see the Grant Application Form for details regarding the next grant application deadline.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and operates as a separate entity from Bank of the Cascades and Cascade Bancorp, Inc. For more information please contact the Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org .